Monday, November 24, 2008

A Call to Mayor Giuliani, New York's Great Mayor

I have sent the following e-mail to Mayor Giuliani. Please consider joining me.

>Dear Mayor Giuliani:

I urge you to consider running for Mayor of New York City or, alternatively Governor of New York State. In 2001 you obeyed the law and stepped down despite the impressive service you had just performed at a time of crisis. The current New York City Mayor, a turncoat Republican with a poor to mediocre record, has taken it upon himself to change the law to suit his inexplicable whim to serve for a third term. You had the good ethics to step down. Despite a record much inferior to yours, Mayor Bloomberg does not.

I urge you to run as a Republican. I know that the New York City mayoralty is not a job that someone who has served eight years should be asked to serve again. But the state and the city need your vision.

Sincerely,

Mitchell Langbert, Ph.D.

No comments: