Friday, November 21, 2008

Andy Martin Case Dismissed--Martin Hopes to Appeal

I just received this press release from Andy Martin:

Andy Martin hopes to appeal Honolulu court decision on Obama birth certificate

"Another court, another cover-up," says Andy Martin. "What is wrong with our country when someone can be 'elected' without providing access to the original copy of their birth certificate? Something is drastically wrong with our democracy, and every American will pay the price. We will be issuing a fund raising appeal to continue this battle on appeal. The claim that a president's birth certificate is secret is complete nonsense."

ANDY MARTIN
Executive Editor
ContrarianCommentary.com

"Factually Correct, Not
Politically Correct"

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

INTERNET POWERHOUSE ANDY MARTIN PLANS TO APPEAL DISMISSAL OF BARACK OBAMA'S BIRTH CERTIFICATE LAWSUIT, SAYS HE HAS NOT YET RECEIVED A COPY

MARTIN SAYS JUDICIAL SYSTEM REFLECTS "CALLOUS DISREGARD" FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE

(NEW YORK)(November 21, 2008) For those of you who are not familiar with the peculiar highways and byways of the judicial process, welcome to the strange ways of the court system in Hawai'i. Apparently my lawsuit in a Honolulu state court has been dismissed.

Unfortunately, I have not seen a copy of the decision. Despite the significance of the court order, I was not given a courtesy notice when it was entered in Honolulu, apparently late Wednesday, although I was in Honolulu all day on Wednesday.

Thursday all day I was traveling back to New York and was unavailable. I did not get back to New York until 8:00 A.M. Friday.

I was alerted by a reader's e-mail that something had happened, and went to the Honolulu Advertiser's web site where I found a complete story, http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/20081121/NEWS20/811210355/1001/localnewsfront.

Obviously I was unable to respond to phone calls while in the air, and when I checked my e-mails today the Advertiser reporter had not left a phone number to call him back.

The Court did not fax my office a copy and so I have no immediate way of seeing a copy of the decision. I assume the Advertiser's news report is a fair summary of the decision.

Depending on what the response is to a fund appeal, I will certainly appeal this decision to the Hawai'i Intermediate Court of Appeals. The trial court's interpretation of the relevant statute appears to be a wooden reading of the law. The claim that there is a lack of historical significance to the birth certificate of a president of the United States is a classic example of how utter nonsense can exist in the judicial system.

I will solicit input from my audience as to whether they feel that pursuit of the appeal is a worthwhile venture and will proceed accordingly.

I understand how 150 million Americans are frustrated by the callous disregard which the court system has shown for access to vital, basic information about Barack Obama, the "mystery man" who has been elected president by the "Mainstream Media of the United States."

However other than this mild criticism, I believe it is more appropriate to proceed through the judicial process, and that is the course I intend to follow on the issue of access to Barack Obama's original, typewritten 1961 original birth certificate.

1 comment:

Diogenes said...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz