Friday, June 28, 2019

The Democratic Party Then and Now

Marcus Licinius Crassus*
Kamal Harris
I had Fox News on while working on my computer.   I was unnerved by the complacent, far-left  orientation of the second Democratic presidential debate. If this is what America's political system is producing, even given that the Democrats are the left party, the country is in serious trouble. 

We are looking at the stage of Roman decline when the plebeian party, the Populares, formed the First Triumverate and established the pathway to empire. We're well on the way to a Caesarean dictatorship. 

What I'm thinking is that establishing a second residence overseas will be a useful insurance policy.  Perhaps I can find a country that gives free healthcare to illegal aliens and isn't dominated by predatory criminals like Bernie Sanders, Kamala Harris, and Joe Biden.


*They hadn't invented the steam engine yet, but dictator wannabes were as prevalent then as they are now. 

No comments: