Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pakistan Dumps US---Beginning of World War III?

In his recent Trends Journal Gerald Celente and Paul Craig Roberts argue that Obama's recent military adventure in Libya under UN cover is about Chinese oil. That is, the Chinese had invested in oil in eastern Libya, and America is now supporting a military intervention that would wrest oil from the Chinese and potentially put it in the West's hands. Pakistan is allied with China because they share an enemy: India. Both countries have fought wars with India in the past 50 years. The Sino-Indian War was in 1962, and Pakistan fought India in 1965 and 1971.

Today, The Wall Street Journal carried a front page story that Pakistani Prime Minister Yosuf Raza Gilani has told Afghan President Hamid Karzai that he should dump the US. I guess that's a logical move after the billions that we've bestowed on both Pakistan and Afghanistan. According to Newsweek, we have given Pakistan tens of billions of dollars over the past 50 years. We have given Afghanistan in the range of $50 billion including military spending and aid.

In August 2008 Bill and Hillary Clinton spent a weekend at the Emerson Resort, where I work out. Clinton was about to enter the gym, but spotting me (I was there after closing) he called a secret service guy who inspected the gym and asked me some questions. Like Travis Bickle, I'm a suspicious guy. When I went home I asked myself what I would have said to Clinton had we had the chance to talk. I concluded that it would have been to urge him to work against a potential war with China.

Trends Journal is suggesting that the Chinese may be drawn into the Libyan war on Gaddafi's side, and that the Libyan war could erupt into an international conflict over oil. The Pakistani thumb nosing, which occurs just days after Celente released Trends Journal's spring issue, seems to confirm his scenario. Might Pakistan be responding to China in urging Afghanistan to reject the US? Might Libya be connected to this response?

No comments: