Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mitchell Langbert's Blog Exceeds 200,000 Independent Visits in 26 Months

I don't think of this blog as mass media and generally I get between 100 and 200 visits per day.  My readers are a mixture of people who surf in through links to various topics, friends, former students, people with whom I worked on the Obama birth certificate issue two years ago and others whom I know. This past week, though, demonstrates the amazing power of the Internet.  One post concerning the use of hay to soak up oil has been attracting over 5,000 visits per day and over 10,000 on two days, with better than 50,000 visits in the past week to that page.  I am not sure how that worked.  Several major sites picked up the story and linked to that page.  But according to my site meter the majority of visits have been from e-mail links.  I'm not technologically savvy and so have had trouble piecing this phenomenon together.  I must thank Contrairimairi for forwarding that video to me.

I wish the large number of vistors were to take a look at the rest of my blog, but only about six percent have.  In any case, 200,000 visits since March '08 amounts to an average of 7,695 per month.  That's  more than the annual circulation of most academic journals.  Let us hope for many more phenomenal successes in the years to come.

5 comments:

Mairi said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Couldn't have happened at a better blog, IMHO!
Mitchell, I really enjoy your blog, and continue to try to get others to visit, but it is your posts that keep people interested. You continually impress and surprise with the information you offer. It is GREATLY appreciated, and I am so pleased to consider you my friend. GOD Bless, and keep up the great work!

Raquel Okyay said...

Congratulations!

Doug Plumb said...

I was very pleased to find this blog. That doesn't happen often.

Greg Goss said...

The power of the internet...thank you ALgore...;) There is a significant increase in the number of people looking for "information" beyond what they are being feed by the MSM. And yesterday's election results bare that out. Keep up the good work my friend.

Phil Orenstein said...

Cangratulations, Mitch. Keep it coming!