Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Retraction of Accusations About Hinchey

Dear Mitch,

LAST WEEK KTP RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM A MEMBER OF OUR ORGANIZATION CONCERNING MAURICE HINCHEY'S PROPERTIES.
THIS EMAIL WAS THEN SUBMITTED TO OTHERS WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE AND I AM DEEPLY AGITATED THAT IT WAS. THIS INFORMATION IS NOTHING MORE THAN GOSSIP AND I PERSONALLY DO NOT APPROVE OF THIS FORM OF COMMUNICATION.

THEREFORE I AM RESPECTFULLY REQUESTING THAT YOU IMMEDIATELY REMOVE ANY MENTION OF THIS MATTER FROM YOUR EMAILS AND BLOGS ESPECIALLY WITH MY NAME APPEARING WITHIN.

I WILL EXPLAIN FURTHER WHEN WE MEET.

THANK YOU.

Tom Santopietro

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So is this retracted because it has no merit or because it was attributed incorrectly? Or has it just not been investigated properly?

Mitchell Langbert said...

The last. I offered to try to get his tax returns and go through them and compare to the information on the property roll, but the editor I spoke with refused to agree to publish any positive findings. Also, the guy who originally e-mailed me the information, Tom Santopietro, wrote the above disclaimer, which seemed to say that he did not agree with the anonymous researcher but was not willing to say who this person was (who had access to Tom's e-mail account, apparently according to Tom). As a result, I do not have the resources and cannot justify the time to try to verify or falsify the claims.