Friday, February 5, 2010

Letter from Student

I just received an e-mail from a student of 10 years ago. It is nice to know that my courses are remembered this far out.

Hello Professor Langbert,

Thank you.

I took your “Managing Organization and Behavior” class in Summer 2000 at NYU. I would not believe you if you said you remembered me, but I remember how much fun you made that class. I hadn’t thought about it for ages until this past weekend when I ran across the “Informational Interview” paper I wrote for the class.

I had interviewed a portfolio manager at Oppenheimer funds as my goal at the time was to be an analyst at a small investment firm. You will be happy to know that I am a healthcare analyst at Palisade Capital management.

While there were a lot of steps between that paper I wrote 10 years ago and where I am today, I don’t discount the value of the informational interview exercise. Thanks for that.

Hope you are well and still enjoying teaching.

No comments: