Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Resolution Declaring Independence of National Television News

WHEREAS: National television news has failed to tell the truth or perform the function of providing truthful and valid information to the American public;

WHEREAS: National television news has failed to inform the American public about vital facts concerning the presidential election and the candidacy of President Barack Hussein Obama;

WHEREAS: National television has failed to inform the American public about vital public policy and political questions, specifically, the activities of the Federal Reserve Bank; monetary inflation; national economic policy; and subsidies to corporations and banks;

WHEREAS: National television has lied to the American public about the Iraqi War:

I hereby urge all Americans to discontinue viewing network or national cable television or any television station that carries nationally distributed news and to hereby join me in declaring:

"I desist from watching or turning on any television station that carries or broadcasts network- or cable- based news in any form."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I almost wish I hadn't canceled my entire television subscription years ago, just so I could cancel it now.

Anonymous said...

I have shut my dish off and have not watched any television (except football) since mid Oct. I have noticed I feel better also. Great suggestion. Hope many follow your lead.

Unknown said...

I no longer watch the MSM nor do I subscribe to my local,'we're so far in the tank for Obama, we don't bother coming up for air,' newspaper.

In the interest of full disclosure, I do purchase a copy of my local paper once a week.

Prior to lining the cat's litter box with the editorial page, I will, on occasion, order 200 copies of it to guard against the impending shortage of toilet paper.

Mairi said...

Been there, done that! Not one of them can be trusted now that we KNOW how they have ignored their duty despite the finest efforts of patriots. I am getting my weather reports directly from the Weather Channel. BTW, did you know that the Weather Channel is run by John Coleman who appears to believe that global warming is a huge fraud. But......and a big one......I believe NBC just purchased the station, so Al Gore may just have help in his global warming agenda soon. If they can't fight it, they "buy it"!

Anonymous said...

Been there, done that several years ago. Haven't missed it for one moment.

Anonymous said...

Hey are you a professional journalist? This article is very well written, as compared to most other blogs i saw today….
anyhow thanks for the good read!