>This is why we should NEVER allow lawyers to be legislators. They should be confined to the Judicial branch of government. Many thanks to dear friend and fellow Patriot, Kat:
>>The Lawyers' Party
Perhaps this is why so many physicians are conservatives or Republicans.
The Democratic Party has become the Lawyers' Party.
* Barack Obama is a lawyer.
* Michelle Obama is a lawyer. (Should be these two WERE lawyers! They still aren't telling what happened!)
* Hillary Clinton is a lawyer.
* Bill Clinton is a lawyer.
* John Edwards is a lawyer.
* Elizabeth Edwards is a lawyer.
* Every Democrat nominee since 1984 went to law school (although Gore did not graduate).
* Every Democrat vice presidential nominee since 1976, Except for Lloyd Bentsen, went to law school.
* Harry Reid is a lawyer
* Nancy Pelosi is a lawyer.
* President Bush is a businessman.
* Vice President Cheney is a businessman.
* Newt Gingrich was a history professor.
* Tom Delay was an exterminator.
* Dick Armey was an economist.
* House Minority Leader Boehner was a plastic Manufacturer.
* The former Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist is a Heart surgeon.
Gerald Ford, who left office 31 years ago and who barely won the Republican nomination as a sitting president, running against Ronald Reagan in 1976.
Against whom do Hillary and Obama rail?
Pharmaceutical Companies, oil companies, hospitals, manufacturers, fast food restaurant chains, large retail businesses, bankers, and anyone producing anything of value in our nation.
This is the natural consequence of viewing everything through the eyes of lawyers.
Lawyers solve problems by successfully representing their clients, in this case the American people.
Lawyers seek to have new laws passed, they seek to win lawsuits, they press appellate courts to overturn precedent, and lawyers always parse language to favor their side.
Today, we are drowning in laws; we are contorted by judicial decisions; we are driven to distraction by omnipresent lawyers in all parts of our once private lives.
We cannot expect the Lawyers Party to provide real change, real Reform or real hope in America Most Americans know that a republic in which every major government action must be blessed by nine unelected Judges is not what Washington intended in 1789. Most Americans grasp that we cannot fight a war when ACLU lawsuits snap at the heels of our Defenders. Most Americans intuit that more lawyers and judges will not restore declining moral values or spark the spirit of enterprise in our Economy.
The United States has 5% of the world's population and 66% of the world's lawyers!
Tort (Legal) reform legislation has been introduced in congress several times in the last several years to limit punitive damages in Ridiculous lawsuits such as spilling hot coffee on yourself and suing the establishment that sold it to you and also to limit punitive damages In huge medical malpractice lawsuits. This legislation has continually been blocked from even being voted on by the Democrat Party.
When you see that 97% of the political contributions from the American Trial Lawyers Association go to the Democrat Party, then you realize who is responsible for our medical and product costs being so high!
Please -- DO PASS THIS ON!